A PERSONAL TOUCH Find gifts that make it personal! Shop Now
The Unknown Warrior
The tomb of the Unknown Warrior has lain at the west end of the nave of Westminster Abbey for 100 years. It is the resting place of an unidentified British soldier who was buried on 11th November 1920 to serve as a memorial for all the unknown dead of World War I.November 2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the interment of the Unknown Warrior. To observe this occasion, Danbury Mint presents…The Unknown Warrior.
- Using expert guidance, our craftsmen have captured every detail of the soldier, from his accurate uniform to his solemn pose.
- With a stone-effect finish, the sculpture stands before a striking glass panel which reproduces the words inscribed on the Unknown Warrior's tomb.
- The Royal Mint’s brand new Brilliant Uncirculated Remembrance Day £5 coin, marking Britain’s day of remembrance in 2020, accompanies the sculpture.
- This sculpture is exclusive to Danbury Mint.
- Strict limited edition of just 2,020.