The King Charles III Silver Proof Coronation Coin Collection
The dawn of a new era for the British monarchy…
- Struck by the Royal Mint to commemorate the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III.
- Each coin features a unique design that received the King’s personal approval.
- Certified by as Gem Proof and an Early Issue by PCGS.
- Protected by our “Sealed for Good” technology.
- FREE: A Display Chest and Certificate of Authenticity.
On 6th May 2023, King Charles III was crowned in a magnificent ceremony at Westminster Abbey. The event marked the beginning of a new chapter for the British monarchy and the United Kingdom. To commemorate this once-in-a-lifetime event, the Royal Mint released three new coin designs celebrating aspects of the coronation.
- The £5 Coronation Proof Crown features the St Edward’s Crown, worn by Charles during the coronation ceremony, accompanied by the sovereign’s sceptres with dove and cross.
- The Coronation Proof 50p bears the royal cypher set against a depiction of Westminster Abbey, where King Charles III was crowned.
- The 1oz Silver £2 Coronation Proof is decorated with the Royal Arms, set against a beautifully ornate background. To the side are the Royal Cypher and three interlinked Cs.
All three coins have been certified as Early Issue and Gem Proof by leading coin-grading company PCGS. ‘Early Issue’ signifies that the coins were released within the first 20 business days of the U.S. release, and ‘Gem Proof’ grade verifies that they are among the highest quality possible.
To ensure the silver proof coins will be treasured for years to come, each coin has been sealed in PCGS’ tamper-proof capsules. A deluxe wooden Display Chest will arrive in your second shipment, along with a Certificate of Authenticity, at no additional charge.