A PERSONAL TOUCH Find gifts that make it personal! Shop Now
The Famous “Indian Chief” Five-Dollar Silver Certificate
As a tribute to the history and culture of the Native American people, this remarkable five-dollar certificate was produced depicting Sioux Chief Running Antelope, making it the only U.S. currency to feature a Native American.This $5 Silver Certificate was part of the last series of U.S. currency dating to the 1800’s and was also the last $5 note to be issued before Abraham Lincoln’s portrait became a permanent fixture on the $5 bill.The note you receive will:
- Be the only U.S. currency to feature a depiction of a Native American, Sioux Chief Running Antelope.
- Be enhanced by a fact-filled narrative card on the design and history of your antique Silver Certificate.
- Be half an inch taller and more than one inch longer than today’s U.S. bills.
- Arrive in an elegant wooden Display Chest fitted with a glass lid to create a dramatic presentation.
- Be preserved in circulated condition and presented in a crystal-clear holder so that both sides are clearly viewable.