A PERSONAL TOUCH Find gifts that make it personal! Shop Now
The Bank of England Collection
The history of banknotes is as fascinating and colourful as the designs that have appeared on them. From the first hand-written notes, to the modern polymer issues, paper currency has played a significant role in British daily life.Now you can own an unbroken sequence of Bank of England notes from the 1920s to the 1990s, in an eye-catching collection of 10 shilling, £1, £5 and £10 bank notes. Covering what is known as Series A to Series D, these banknotes are an unbroken sequence of Bank of England notes from the first issue… through the Second World War… to the first of the decimal-era notes.This special collection includes:
- Series A notes – the first coloured banknotes to be printed by the Bank.
- The World War II Emergency Notes – issued to combat forgery during the war years.
- Series B notes – the short-lived Helmeted Britannia £5 note which featured the beautiful Lion & Key design on the reverse.
- Series C notes – or Portrait Series, the first notes to feature Elizabeth II.
- Series D notes – the first to feature historical figures on the reverse.
- Plus a Display Chest and Information Booklet, yours at no extra charge.