“My dear friends, this is your hour… it’s a victory of the great British nation as a whole.” – Winston Churchill, 8th May 1945
When Winston Churchill became Prime Minister in May 1940 he gave a speech in which he stated that his aim was, “Victory, victory at all costs… however long and hard the road may be.” It took another five years before he could announce that Germany had surrendered unconditionally and that the 8th May 1945 was Victory in Europe Day.
To remember this important date in our nation’s history, Danbury Mint is proud to present… “This is your Victory!”.
- Featuring a British soldier embracing his Land Girl sweetheart, our craftsmen have successfully captured every detail of their uniform and outfit, using expert guidance from our military historian. You can feel their joy and relief that the many years of turmoil are finally over!
- The entire sculpture has been hand-painted, really bringing it to life!
- The Royal Mint’s brand new £2 coin marking the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day, featuring the inscription “JUST TRIUMPH AND PROUD SORROW”.
- Genuine pennies struck in 1939 and 1945 – the first and last years of the Second World War.
- A specially-crafted hexagonal wooden base.
- Limited Edition of just 1,945!
Actual size of sculpture is 12½” tall.