“The Few” – the brave pilots of the Royal Air Force – won victory over Britain’s skies in the Battle of Britain in 1940. To honour those who stood firm against the Nazis in this crucial period of World War II, this very special sculpture pits an RAF Spitfire against a German Messerschmitt. Beneath them are a control room-inspired sector clock and four genuine 1940 British coins!
- Both aircraft have been skilfully depicted in a twisting, turning dogfight.
- The iconic Spitfire Mark 1 and its rival Messerschmitt BF-109e are readily recognisable thanks to the expert craftsmanship. The handsome bronze-coloured finish is perfect for this stunning memorial.
- The wooden base of this sculpture incorporates a clock in the design of an RAF sector clock, the type found in the control rooms from where the epic conflict was directed.
- Real coins minted in the year of the Battle of Britain are set into the base – a penny, halfpenny, farthing and nickel-brass threepence.
- The coins are carefully encapsulated to ensure that they are safely preserved for your viewing and you’ll also receive a special Certificate of Authenticity.
All of these very special elements create a memorable tribute that you will be proud to display in your home.