This magnificent collection of 10 two-ounce silver bullion coins honours the ten fantastical creatures that guarded the entrance to Westminster Abbey at the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II in 1953. They are the first bullion coins in Royal Mint history to be struck in two full troy ounces of 99.99% pure silver, with the entire collection containing more than one and a half troy pounds of pure silver.
The beasts include:
- The Lion of England with a shield depicting the Arms of the United Kingdom.
- The Unicorn of Scotland, an ancient symbol that dates back many centuries.
- The Yale of Beaufort, the legendary horned beast that portrays grace and elegance.
- The Red Dragon of Wales, one of the most famous mythical beasts and a symbol of strength and wisdom.
- Plus, the Griffin of Edward III, the Black Bull of Clarence, the Falcon of the Plantagenets, the White Lion of Mortimer, the White Greyhound of Richmond and the White Horse of Hanover.
The reverse of each coin includes a modern depiction of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the longest reigning monarch in British history.
You will receive a luxurious wooden display chest – at no additional charge – to house your entire collection. Your silver coins are housed in a clear protective capsule so that both sides of the coin are visible and to protect their brilliant uncirculated condition.
Display is 16¼" x 10¼" x 2½".