The American Eagle Silver Dollar is one of the world’s most beautiful and finely crafted silver coins. First struck in 1986, it was named for the stunning heraldic eagle on the back designed by John Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s most prolific designer.
Today it remains the world’s most popular silver bullion coin. In fact, the Mint can barely keep up with demand from frantic collectors and investors, and sales have been at all-time highs in recent years. The Mint also creates a limited proof version each year, the highest-quality coins possible.
To commemorate the coin’s 30th anniversary, the Mint produced an exclusive proof edition featuring a smooth edge with an incuse (or sunken) inscription. Remarkably, this set includes both the first-year coin – out of issue for 30 years – and the 2016 coin.
The coins you receive will:
• Contain one full ounce of 99.9% silver each.
• Be graded both Proof 69 (near-flawless) and Ultra Cameo, displaying outstanding finishes that are typically attained only with the first strikes from fresh coin dies.
• Be limited to only 1,500 certified, signed sets available from Danbury Mint.
• Be protected in official NGC holders with labels attesting to their exclusive status, personally hand-signed by designer John Mercanti, the 12th U.S. Mint Chief Engraver.
• Represent the pinnacle of Mercanti’s remarkable career, spanning more than 35 years during which he designed more than 100 U.S. coins and medals.