The penny has a long history as part of our nation’s coinage. But did you know that this most famous of British coins was not always struck by the Royal Mint?
A few times in the history of the Royal Mint, demand for coins has been so great that some production has been handed over to private mints. In later years these coins were identified by small ‘mintmarks’ on their reverse and became ‘must-haves’ for coin collectors.
The coins you receive will:
- Include three Heaton Mint pennies dated 1912, 1918 and 1919, all featuring an ‘H’ mintmark.
- Include two Kings Norton Mint pennies dated 1918 and 1919, both featuring a ‘KN’ mintmark.
- Include a 1918 penny from the Royal Mint, with no mintmark.
- Come complete with a FREE magnifying loupe to find the unique mintmarks on your pennies.
- Be presented in crystal-clear cases to preserve your coins from the elements and allow for easy viewing of both front and back.
- Arrive in a custom-crafted wooden Display Chest with gleaming golden hardware, lock and key.
Display is 7¾” by 5½” by 1¾”.
Orders for items which are in stock will usually be delivered within 7 days (and often sooner). Personalised items may take longer. If your item is out of stock, we will contact you as soon as possible. Please call Customer Services on 0344 557 5600 or email email@example.com for more information.
Guarantee & Returns
Any time you place an order with Danbury Mint, your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not delighted with any purchase, you may return it within 90 days of receipt for a FULL refund – including our postage & handling charge!
You can download a free post label here.
Items can be returned using the downloadable returns label below. We recommend obtaining a certificate of posting (free) if returning via the post office. Please include all paperwork with your return. If you have any questions or would prefer us to send you a returns label by post, please email Customer Services.
If you have a printer and wish to print off a returns label, please click on the link below. Note that you must have Adobe Acrobat installed in order to view and print PDF files.
How to Return a Danbury Mint Item (PDF)
For Danbury Mint USA returns click here