In 1969 the 50p coin came into circulation in readiness for the big switch to decimalisation on 15th February 1971. Replacing the 10-shilling note, the design on the reverse of the 50 pence coin features Britannia, who had first appeared on our coinage in 1672.
Now, Danbury Mint proudly presents… The Fifty Years of the 50p Silver Proof Collection, a breath-taking collection of ten 92.5% silver proof coins. Each coin is a special reissue of some of the most popular designs over the last 50 years. This collection guarantees you all ten coins, making it a complete collection, a collector’s ideal.
As part of this exciting collection, you will receive an extra-special 50p issued in 2019 to commemorate this occasion. It features a special privy mark and outer rim markings, harking back to its original scientific design.
Your collection will include:
- All ten reissued 50p coins in stunning 92.5% silver proof standard.
- The limited edition special anniversary commemorative in 92.5% silver proof.
- Includes the most sought-after 50p ever released – the reissued Kew Gardens is guaranteed in this collection.
- FREE deluxe glass-topped wooden display chest.
- FREE Certificate of Authenticity.
- FREE Checklist.
- Unbeatable proof quality – each silver coin has been struck not once, but twice for the superior crispness of design. Diamond paste is then used to bring the coin up to an unparalleled mirror-like brilliance; making these silver proof coins the pinnacle of the minter’s art.
- State-of-the-art preservation – Using Danbury Mint’s “Sealed for Good” technology, each coin is sonically sealed in an archival-quality case, similar to the ones used by the nation’s premier coin grading companies.
- Free wooden display chest – this delightful collection is housed in a deluxe glass-topped wooden display chest. This dual-layered display is yours at no extra cost with your third shipment, complete with a silver lock and key for added security.