Renowned as one of the most elaborate and beautiful in history, this 19th-century banknote is the only U.S. currency with two U.S. Presidents – Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant – on the front.
The Series of 1899 $1 Silver Certificate was part of the last series of U.S. currency dating to the 1800’s, and unlike today’s notes was backed by “One Silver Dollar” in the U.S. Treasury. It is known as the “Black Eagle” because the front depicts the Eagle of the Capitol.
The circulated note you receive will:
- Be the first $1 Silver Certificate to bear a rich blue Treasury seal and blue serial numbers.
- Be enhanced by a fact-filled narrative card on the design and history of your antique Silver Certificate.
- Be half an inch taller and more than one inch longer than today’s U.S. bills, one of the notes known as “horse blankets” because of their large size.
- Arrive in an elegant wooden Display Chest fitted with a glass lid to create a dramatic presentation that measures approximately 10″ x 6½”.
- Be presented in a crystal-clear holder so that both sides are clearly viewable.
Display is 11” x 7”.