Renowned as one of the most elaborate and beautiful in history, this 19th-century banknote is the only U.S. currency with two U.S. Presidents – Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant – on the front.
The Series of 1899 $1 Silver Certificate was part of the last series of U.S. currency dating to the 1800’s, and unlike today’s notes was backed by “One Silver Dollar” in the U.S. Treasury. It is known as the “Black Eagle” because the front depicts the Eagle of the Capitol.
The circulated note you receive will:
- Be the first $1 Silver Certificate to bear a rich blue Treasury seal and blue serial numbers.
- Be enhanced by a fact-filled narrative card on the design and history of your antique Silver Certificate.
- Be half an inch taller and more than one inch longer than today’s U.S. bills, one of the notes known as “horse blankets” because of their large size.
- Arrive in an elegant wooden Display Chest fitted with a glass lid to create a dramatic presentation that measures approximately 10″ x 6½”.
- Be presented in a crystal-clear holder so that both sides are clearly viewable.
Orders for items which are in stock will usually be delivered within 7 days (and often sooner). If your item is out of stock, we will contact you as soon as possible. Please call Customer Services on 0344 557 5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Guarantee & Returns
Any time you place an order with Danbury Mint, your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not delighted with any purchase, you may return it within 90 days of receipt for a FULL refund – including our postage & handling charge!
You can download a free post label here.
Items can be returned using the downloadable returns label below. We recommend obtaining a certificate of posting (free) if returning via the post office. Please include all paperwork with your return. If you have any questions or would prefer us to send you a returns label by post, please email Customer Services.
If you have a printer and wish to print off a returns label, please click on the link below. Note that you must have Adobe Acrobat installed in order to view and print PDF files.
How to Return a Danbury Mint Item (PDF)
For Danbury Mint USA returns click here