One of the little-known consequences of the U.S. joining World War II was the bold decision by the U.S. government to issue special U.S. currency that was valid only in war zones where U.S. armed forces were actively engaged. Since these unusual “emergency” issues were released for only a limited time during the war years and were for use only in the Pacific region (mainly Hawaii) and among U.S. troops in North Africa and Europe, it’s no wonder that they are virtually impossible to find today. Yet, they are among the most crucial notes ever issued!
This remarkable collection includes:
- Every denomination of limited-release U.S. “emergency” issues, accounting for less than one percent of all U.S. currency printed in the World War II era.
- The only four World War II “Hawaii” bank notes ever issued, all with brown seals and a “HAWAII” overprint: the $1 Silver Certificate and $5, $10 and $20 Federal Reserve Notes.
- The only three “North Africa” notes ever issued, all with yellow seals: $1, $5 and $10 Silver Certificates.
- Crystal-clear cases that identify each note’s type of currency and series year, and highlight PCS’s guarantee that it is genuine U.S. currency.
- Notes presented in circulated condition so you may appreciate major design details.
- A Display Chest and Collector’s Guide, yours at no extra charge, sent with the third shipment.
Display chest measures 8¾" x 13¼" x 8½.