Paying tribute to the brave British paratroopers of World War II, Danbury Mint presents… Behind Enemy Lines, an expertly crafted, bronzed sculpture of a British paratrooper, accompanied by five genuine coins from 1944 and a specially-minted medal, exclusive to Danbury Mint!
- Using expert guidance from our military historian, our craftsmen have successfully captured every detail. You’ll notice his Bren light machine gun with its distinctive top-mounted curved magazine, the 6ft toggle rope for improvised bridges and the Mk 2 parachute helmet covered in scrim camouflage. You can even see the tip of his knife sticking out of a pocket sewn into the seam of his trousers!
- A set of genuine 1944 coins – the year of Operation Overlord. This includes a Farthing, Halfpenny, Penny, Threepence and Sixpence – all in gently circulated condition.
- A specially-crafted hexagonal wooden base.
- An exclusive commemorative medal. On the front in raised relief, it shows Allied paratroopers dropping into France. On the reverse are the famous words of General Eisenhower: “Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely…I have full confidence in your courage.”
- Exclusive to Danbury Mint.
Actual size of sculpture is 11” tall.