The history of banknotes is as fascinating and colourful as the designs that have appeared on them. From the first hand-written notes, to the modern polymer issues, paper currency has played a significant role in British daily life.
Now you can own an unbroken sequence of Bank of England notes from the 1920s to the 1990s, in an eye-catching collection of 10 shilling, £1, £5 and £10 bank notes. Covering what is known as Series A to Series D, these banknotes are an unbroken sequence of Bank of England notes from the first issue… through the Second World War… to the first of the decimal-era notes.
This special collection includes:
- Series A notes – the first coloured banknotes to be printed by the Bank.
- The World War II Emergency Notes – issued to combat forgery during the war years.
- Series B notes – the short-lived Helmeted Britannia £5 note which featured the beautiful Lion & Key design on the reverse.
- Series C notes – or Portrait Series, the first notes to feature Elizabeth II.
- Series D notes – the first to feature historical figures on the reverse.
- Plus a Display Chest and Information Booklet, yours at no extra charge.
These historic notes are presented in pristine condition, each protected in a crystal-clear case. The custom-crafted, glass-topped wooden chest (measuring 9¼” x 12½” x 8”) and expertly written booklet, providing fascinating facts about the currency in your collection, will be sent with your third shipment.
This collection allows you the convenience of building it item-by-item with a gradual payment plan. Notes will be sent directly to your home at the rate of one note every two months (12 total shipments in this collection). You can pay for each note in two monthly instalments.