In 1916, in the face of World War I, America raised a stirring call to patriotism with its most dramatic coin design ever – the Walking Liberty Silver Half-Dollar. No U.S. coin had ever borne so magnificent a figure as this full-length Lady Liberty.
In 2016, a century later, the U.S. Mint marks the 100th anniversary of this inspiring design with the same powerful portrait of Liberty striding boldly into the future on the largest silver dollar in U.S. history… the American Eagle Silver Dollar.
The 90% silver inaugural issue was one of the lowest mintages of the series – less than 0.5% were struck that year. Bigger even than the famed Morgan Silver Dollar, the American Eagle contains one troy ounce of 99.9% pure silver – more than any other U.S. dollar.
You will receive two U.S. silver coins that:
• Are limited to 2,500 sets nationwide due to the age, low mintage and high silver content of the 1916 Walking Liberty Half-Dollar.
• Feature the design by Adolph A. Weinman — one of the most heralded names in U.S. coinage — that has been prized for its classic beauty and vibrant patriotism.
• Include the very scarce 1916 first-year-of-issue coin, as well as the first silver bullion coin whose weight and purity are guaranteed by the U.S. government.
• Are enhanced by an Information Booklet that provides details about both coins and their exquisite design.
• Contain levels of precious metal not seen in circulating U.S. coins in a generation; a global best-seller, the American Eagle is the largest U.S. silver dollar ever.
• Are protectively encapsulated in sonically sealed cases to allow worry-free viewing of both sides of each coin.
You will receive a luxurious wooden Display Chest, hand-numbered to attest to your collection’s limited-edition status, which measures approximately 7½” x 5½” x 1½”.