In April 2020, the U.S. Mint at West Point – the primary mint for American Eagle Silver Dollars – temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To help meet the high demand, the Philadelphia Mint struck as many uncirculated American Eagle Silver Dollars as it could… but only for 13 days from 8th to 20th April 2020. The total run resulted in just 240,000 coins… a tiny fraction compared to the total expected output from the West Point Mint for 2020.
This Emergency Issue silver dollar…
- is one of the rarest uncirculated American Eagle Silver Dollars ever struck at a single mint facility.
- is struck in 9% pure silver and contains one troy ounce of silver.
- is certified as Early Releases, denoting that it was certified by leading coin-grading company, NGC, within 30 days of the initial release.
- is coin is graded MS69, signifying a near-perfect strike.
- is one of only a limited quantity of these remarkable coins that were certified NGC as both Early Releases and MS69, making their rarity even greater.
Your certified and authenticated coin will be protected in an official, sonically sealed NGC holder with a label attesting to its exclusive status.
Orders for items which are in stock will usually be delivered within 7 days (and often sooner). Personalised items may take longer. If your item is out of stock, we will contact you as soon as possible. Please call Customer Services on 0344 557 5600 or email email@example.com for more information.
Guarantee & Returns
Any time you place an order with Danbury Mint, your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not delighted with any purchase, you may return it within 90 days of receipt for a FULL refund – including our postage & handling charge!
You can download a free post label here.
Items can be returned using the downloadable returns label below. We recommend obtaining a certificate of posting (free) if returning via the post office. Please include all paperwork with your return. If you have any questions or would prefer us to send you a returns label by post, please email Customer Services.
If you have a printer and wish to print off a returns label, please click on the link below. Note that you must have Adobe Acrobat installed in order to view and print PDF files.
How to Return a Danbury Mint Item (PDF)
For Danbury Mint USA returns click here