Over half a century ago in 1967, South Africa introduced the world’s first gold bullion coin. Known as the Krugerrand and struck with gold from South Africa’s most famous mining regions, it is renowned for its superior quality and is considered the “King” of gold bullion coins.
Containing one full troy ounce of 22ct gold, the new 2019 Gold Krugerrand is among the world’s most famous and most elite gold coins. It was struck at the prestigious South African Mint, which has set the standard for gold bullion coinage ever since it struck the first ever Gold Krugerrand in 1967.
- These are certified by PCGS as both “Early Issue”, verifying they were released within 20 business days of the U.S. issue date, and near-flawless “MS69” (Mint State 69), the second-highest grade awarded to any uncirculated coin.
- Protected by PCGS encapsulation that allows you to examine the coin without fear of harm from dust, dirt or fingerprints.
- Features South Africa’s iconic springbok antelope — the most recognised symbol of the nation — together with the coin’s weight in gold, signifying that it is fully backed by the South African government.
- Accompanied by a deluxe wooden Display Chest that measures approximately 8″ x 6″ x 1¾”, yours at no additional charge.
- Comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and Collector Card with fascinating details about your coin.