No U.S. coin embodies the spirit of America more than its purest Silver Dollar: the American Eagle, coveted by collectors and investors alike. The majority of Burnished American Eagle silver bullion coins sold in 2017 were snatched up on release day. The same trend in 2018 could mean intense demand for this limited offer! What many collectors don’t know is that there’s an even more exclusive collecting opportunity that will soon expire.
Only coins graded Special Strike 70 (SP70) – meaning the coin has been hand-picked as exceptional – are even being considered. The coin must qualify for certification by leading independent authority PCGS as an official “Early Issue” – released by the U.S. Mint within the first 20 business days of its initial issue.
The coin you receive will:
- Be one of fewer than 300 available from Danbury Mint.
- Be struck at least twice with meticulously prepared dies on silver blanks.
- Be composed of 99.9% pure silver.
- Bear the coveted “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint, seen on very few U.S. coins.
- Arrive in a handsome Display Case that measures approximately 4½” x 3¾”.
- Be protected in an official sonically sealed PCGS holder with a label attesting to its exclusive status.
Coin is 1½” in diameter.