A PERSONAL TOUCH Find gifts that make it personal! Shop Now
Three Decades of King George V
In stock. Ships in 3-4 business days.
£75 per shipment
You will receive three coins and one stamp every three months until you have a threepence, sixpence, shilling, florin and halfcrown from each decade (five shipments in total; fifteen coins and five stamps). Your sixth shipment will include the 1935 crown and three additional stamps.
King George V ruled Great Britain from 1911 to 1936. During the First World War, he was a symbol of British national unity. The embodiment of diligence and duty, he made numerous visits to hospitals military installations and even the front line, and in 1917 he adopted the name of Windsor.Now, you can celebrate this much-respected King with Three Decades of King George V. This magnificent collection includes:
- A silver threepence, sixpence, shilling, florin and halfcrown from each decade of King George V’s reign.
- The magnificent 1935 silver crown, minted to commemorate the King’s silver jubilee.
- Eight postage stamps printed during the reign – at no extra charge!
- The first stamp minted to commemorate a monarch’s Silver Jubilee.
- The first stamp to feature the monarch’s head in three-quarter profile.
- Two postage due stamps – introduced during George V’s reign and withdrawn in 2000!