A PERSONAL TOUCH Find gifts that make it personal! Shop Now
The 2020 Emergency Issue American Eagle Silver Dollar
In April 2020, the U.S. Mint at West Point – the primary mint for American Eagle Silver Dollars – temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To help meet the high demand, the Philadelphia Mint struck as many uncirculated American Eagle Silver Dollars as it could… but only for 13 days from 8th to 20th April 2020. The total run resulted in just 240,000 coins... a tiny fraction compared to the total expected output from the West Point Mint for 2020.This Emergency Issue silver dollar…
- is one of the rarest uncirculated American Eagle Silver Dollars ever struck at a single mint facility.
- is struck in 99.9% pure silver and contains one troy ounce of silver.
- is certified as Early Releases, denoting that it was certified by leading coin-grading company, NGC, within 30 days of the initial release.
- is coin is graded MS69, signifying a near-perfect strike.
- is one of only a limited quantity of these remarkable coins that were certified NGC as both Early Releases and MS69, making their rarity even greater.